I've recently installed the imap (admittedly beta) package to get the
ipop3d daemon installed.  However, when I attempted to test out POP3, it
failed after the "PASS" step claiming that it could not get a lock on the
mail file.  As far as I can see, there are no "orphan" lock files hanging
around.

Oddly, this only appears to happen to "non-empty" mail files.  A mail file
of length zero seems to work fine and my POP client correctly reports no
mail waiting.

I'm using RedHat 5.0 but with the 2.0.33 kernel.  Any
help/suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Golden