Chris Bond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> want to filter incoming mail say for example from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] into the mailbox ~/mail/IN.linux-admin.
> Currently I do this with procmail, I don't mean how do I call procmail
> from qmail as thats how its currently done.

Arguably calling procmail from your .qmail file (using preline) is the
simplest and most elegant method.  However, since you say you don't want to
do that...

The next easiest method is to subscribe to the linux-admin list using a
user ID like chris-linux-admin, and set up your .qmail-linux-admin to
point to the appropriate mailbox.  This method actually has some advantages,
and I use it for some of the lists to which I subscribe.

If you really want qmail to sort your mail for you, I think you're out of
luck.  That's not what qmail is for.

Cheers,
Eric