On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:58:02 -0500, you wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :

>Probably not. I just tried the same thing on my 6.0 with no trouble.
>Is this the only line in your crontab? You are editing crontab with
>'crontab -e' correct?

yes, it is the only line... i've also tried starting from scratch.

>Check your version of cron:
>
>$ rpm -q vixie-cron
>vixie-cron-3.0.1-33

the same.

>And make sure it's sane:
>$ rpm -Vvv vixie-cron

yes, it's sound per pro the results of 'rpm -Vvv'.

weird thing is ... when i edit the crontab file ('crontab -e') what i
*see*, is not what *crond* uses as my crontab : only two days ago, i
realised that an old crontab entry for posting a faq to usenet is
still being used !!!

totally baffled.

.\.\.\

"S+M is outta the question, have you got a better suggestion
I'm fed up of waving my right hand" - rat salad www.ratsalad.co.uk