On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Maziar Mahzari wrote:

> Hi;
> Could somebody just tell me where should I set my name on my outgoing
> masseges in pine. When I send a message, it uses "To:destination" instead
> of my name. I searched for it in setup but I couldn't find anything.
> Thank very much in advance.
> Maziar

Method 1: use pine's Setup option (S command, then the C command to
configure).

Method 2: edit (with vi or joe or whatever) the file:   .pinerc
(this "hidden" file is the configuration file for pine, hence the name
rc (not pine.conf, sorry!).  In this .pinerc file is everything:
name, addresses, servers, default editor (e.g. make it emacs instead of vi).

(Method 1 edits .pinerc for you.)

.pinerc exists in your home directory  after the first time that you fire up
pine.
Enjoy!

Jerry Winegarden        Duke Univ       OIT/Technical Support
(919)-660-6911
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www-jerry.oit.duke.edu

To err is human, to REALLY screw up requires a computer1
But that's why I have a job (and will be working New Years :-(