On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 03:31:06PM -0800, Tony Coronado wrote:

> However, I think that you are voicing your complaint to the wrong people.  Try
> sending a message with the relevant exerpts from your logs to the offending
> parties ISP, say "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". At least you'll get a confirmation of
> your complaint from them.

Definitely don't bother your ISP with it (unless it's their network which
is the source) or you have some kind of contract in regards security or
intrusion detection.

Also, careful not to complain about 'normal' violations. Many people install
those dinky NT 'firewalls' then complain about things like ping, traceroute,
NTP, OSPF etc. There's also quantity as well, a few pings is fine, a few
thousand starts to be annoying.