But unfortunately does not address our desire to give our users
password-protected web pages that aren't readable by every other user
on the system. Since I personally use this feature (I have password
protected pages that are for me and my friends and aren't the business
of just any other user on the machine), and help admin the box, the
subject has my full attention :)

Probably time we took it up with the Apache guys and see if they're
accept our module. I'm suprised this hasn't been a bigger deal for
more people.

Thank!
Rob