Its an outlook express error, check the profile, raise the time out to long
, then shutdown reboot and will be fixed, also tell the person not to
connect using OE , dial up with DUN manually, its a very common win 95/98
problem, the TCP/IP stack is well...  ....

just double check your server by telnetting to port 110 from outside to
close your case....

On 12/11/99 at 15:31 Enrico Payne wrote:

>Hi, I have a number of Win95 clients using our Linux 6.0 server to access
>their e-mail via POP3...
>
>Since this morning, a few users keep getting this error on the Win95
>Outlook Express S/W
>
>"An unknown error has occured. Account 'mail.pharma.co.za' Server:
>'196.33.3.2'. Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number:
>0x80041002"
>
>When I check the "maillog", I get the following info:
>
>Does anyone know what is causing this? I have checked permissions and even
>deleted the mailfile in /var/spool/mail.
>
>As far as I can see from my logs, no changes have been made to the server,
>nor has the S/W changed on the client side...

Regards

Greg W
IT Consultant Sydney Australia

***Please trim any replies***
***Please turn off HTML in your email***
***Why not read the archives? http://moongroup.com/redhat.phtml ***