On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 01:07:55PM -0600, Robert Canary wrote:
> I have not been following this thread but why are you using the "&> x.log"
> XWin already logs errors to a error log in the users home directory ".xerrors"
> or something like that.

If not in ~, then look in /var/log. That's where mine is. The log will
likely have a more detailed error message.

One thing to look for is left files in /tmp, something like:

 drwxrwxrwt   2 root     root     1024 Nov 12 07:46 .X11-unix/

If something like that is there, then you need to delete it. Also,
make sure the permissions on /tmp have not changed:

 drwxrwxrwt   9 root     root     2048 Nov 13 16:53 ./

--
Hal B
            Linux helps those who help themselves