On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 02:07:14PM -0500, Michael J. McGillick wrote:
: Anyone know where I can pick up the Apache-SSL-1.3.9 and OpenSSL-0.9.4
: RPMs?  Anyone know if they exist yet?

Just the other day I did this very thing, well, almost this very thing.

I went to ftp.replay.com, and grabbed:

/pub/crypto/redhat/SRPMS/openssl-0.9.3a-3.src.rpm
/pub/crypto/redhat/SRPMS/apache-mod_ssl-1.3.6.2.3.0-0.src.rpm

I took the openssl, and rebuilt it and installed it "as-is".  I grabbed
the apache_1.3.9.tar.gz source from www.apache.org, and then grabbed
the mod_ssl 2.4.8 sources from www.modssl.org.

I unpacked the apache-mod_ssl SRPM, and hacked a bit on the .spec file,
remove the no-longer needed patches, and putting the version numbers in
the spec file up to reflect the 1.3.9 apache, and 2.4.8 mod_ssl.  It built
pretty easily.

After that, I grabbed the php3 3.0.12 SRPM from RH6.1, got rid of the
PostgreSQL support, added in support for MySQL, SNMP, PDFlib, and the
CyberCash MCK.  That rebuilt pretty easily too.

I've found the mod_ssl code to be a bit more stable overall, compared with
Apache-SSL.  More features, as well..

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.