one way to tell is out of the box RH 6.1 comes with September Gnome (do an
rpm -qa | grep gnome and if you have a list similar to this:

gnome-audio-1.0.0-7
gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-7
gnome-core-1.0.39-10
gnome-core-devel-1.0.39-10
gnome-games-1.0.40-2
gnome-games-devel-1.0.40-2
gnome-libs-1.0.40-1
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.40-1
gnome-linuxconf-0.23-1
gnome-media-1.0.40-3
gnome-objc-1.0.2-5
gnome-objc-devel-1.0.2-5
gnome-pim-1.0.10-1
gnome-pim-devel-1.0.10-1
gnome-users-guide-1.0.7-1
gnome-utils-1.0.13-1
pygnome-1.0.4-2
switchdesk-gnome-1.7.1-1
xmms-gnome-0.9.5-1
gnomeicu-0.65-1

you have RH 6.1

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Dan Browning wrote:

> I don't know much, Tom, so I'm not really qualified to answer your question.
> But I do know that the 6.1 distro comes with the "kudzu" tool, which checks
> your system for new hardware (such changing mouse from serial to ps/2), and
> can reconfigure your system automatically.

Jack Wallen, Jr.
Editor in Chief of Linux Content
www.techrepublic.com