Hi,

I've just rebuilt my PC from RH5.2 to 6.1 - a 'custom' installation; no
problems. I installed the pdksh rpm since I prefer to use the Korn shell
(used it a lot on the Sun's, so I still use it under linux). However, the
.profile file in my home directory is not being seen/read. The shell,
/bin/ksh, is in the /etc/shells file. Anyone know what I am missing here? As
far as I knew all I had to do was create the .profile file, ensure
/etc/shells is okay and that's it. Under RH5.2 I don't remember having to do
anything different, and I have checked all the files I could think of (I
still have the old system on a seperate disk partition).

Any help appreciated. At present I have created a /etc/profile.d/ksh.sh to
run my .kshrc file, but this is not ideal.

John.