Hi all,

Thanks to all who held my hand through my last post. We have a result, a
working-ish setup with a SiS6326. Yippee....!! :)

Next questions are a bit more generic.

I have three machines, networked.

Machine A: Main W98 box, printer, modem, etc.
Machine B: W95/Redhat 6.1 box
Machine C: Laptop, W95

They all work quite nicely together using Windoze. What would be the
best strategy for the 6.1 setup so that A can see B (under any
conditions), C can see B and vice versa? I can ping from B to the others
so I know the network is passing packets. I can't, however, get B to see
the printer connected to A (HP laser) and get the ubiquitous "Connection
refused" when I try and print a test page. I have it setup as a remote
printer with the "remote host" set to the IP addy of A.

When using a full Windoze system, B & C can see the modem on A and A & B
can see the PCMCIA modem on C, via VSock. How to from 6.1?

Ideally, I would like A and C to see w95 as well as linux file systems,
etc. Just like Windoze, in fact. :)

I'm not after *specific* info, a few pointers to which FAQs to read,
URLs to browse, etc. I'm quite prepared to read a manual or two. :)

Again, all assistance gratefully received.

TIA

Ian Jennings
Microware Data Services Ltd.

This post is made entirely from recycyled ones and noughts