Jeff Smelser wrote:

> Anyway.. I just found an adaptec aha1542b card. I would like to get a scsi
> tape drive and some more disk space. My question is, anyone have problems
> with this card?
>
> I looked on redhat and its teir 2 support. I just wanted to make sure its
> a ok..

I ended up giving away a 1542b card that I couldn't get working with
either 6.0 or 6.1.  Eventually, Redhat Support said, "It's tier 2.
Sorry."  And there wasn't much I could do--I had been running a 5.0
system on IDE, so the compiler is totally different, and the Adaptec
driver definitely is wonky on 5.0; to get into the driver and fix it,
I'd have to have a working 6.0 or later system...it just wasn't worth
it.

YMMV.
--
        Dave Ihnat