scott.list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

>On this PC, the nameserver PC, when I run nslookup, I get the following
>error:
>
>*** Can't find server name for address 60.84.80.5: Non-existant host/domain
>*** Default servers are not available

You need to provide an IP address to hostname mapping.  When you run
nslookup from the command prompt, it tries to resolve 60.84.80.5 to a
hostname.  If it can't you get the error message above.

You need to either (a) add another zone to your nameserver that provides
reverse lookup or (b) you can probably get away with adding an entry to
/etc/hosts like so:
60.86.80.5      hostname.domainname     hostname

HTH

-Eric

Eric Sisler
Library Computer Technician