A lot of the questions sent to this mailing list are questions which people
could answer for themselves, if they knew which web pages / HOWTOs / FAQs to
read. Has anyone found/written a good "Ask Jeeves" clone for Linux? I know
there are GNOME-based apps which talk to search engines & make it easy for
the user to pick the right web resource; perhaps someone could write a
wraparound script/shell to let users "Ask Linus"...

I asked Jeeves, "How do I compile my kernel so as to be Pentium-optimized?"
and it gave a list of seven or eight items, the first of which was the
kernel compilation FAQ (AFAIR). Maybe I'll write a Jeeves wraparound when
I've built my Linux box...