Well, two things come to mind.

1. Have you patched your 5.2 machine up?  There have been some security
issues that have been addressed.  Are you logging everything, and checking
the logs?

2. I've noticed that the net is very slow over the last day or two.  (Esp.
since Bell Atlantic screwed up the north east day before yesterday)

3. I've also noticed that some sites are overloaded and are not making
connections.

At 11:00 AM 11/24/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a small network at work with one linux box and two windows
>machines. The linux box is an old 486 with the P83 chip, 28M of ram
>running 5.2 out of the box. I have had this set up for quite a while and
>never had any troubles. Recently, some web sites will not come up on the
>windows machines running netscape 4.08. Usually, I go and play around with
>the linux box, reboot the windows machines etc and things run okay again.
>Today, I cannot get these sites to come up at all.
>
>I would like to add, that when I use the dialup on the windows machine
>directly, it does not have any troubles finding any web sites.

Mark
               ___
             __HHH__
              (@ @)
| Mark Neidorff                |Descartes walks into a bar, the    |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |bartender asks,"Can I get you a    |
| Just Answers!                |drink?"  Descartes replies,        |
| Computer Systems Solutions   |"I think not." --and he disappears.|