On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 03:36:53PM -0600, Steve Borho wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 03:15:57PM -0600, Marc Davis wrote:
> > >
> > >         Hello,
> > >
> > > I am new to Linux and want to install it in a duel boot config
> > > for Win98. I heard of Redhat, Caldera and now Coral.  Should I
> > > get Coral as it is the latest release?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Frank Rocco

Not a good reason really. Linux moves quickly. What is today's
most recent, is old hat tomorrow.

[...]

> I also see that they're bundling some true type fonts with the
> commercial versions.  Hmmm.  When is Red Hat or someone else going
> to buy/create some decent fonts and then GPL them?  They put xfs
> into the 6.0 distribution, but no TT fonts.  I hope they get
> something worked out before 6.2.  This is something a large group of
> companies could purchase together (RH, Caldera, Corel, SuSe, IBM,
> etc) for the greater good of the community.  The current situation
> is a bit of an embarrassment.
>
> What would it take to get a font foundry company to GPL a simple set
> of fonts in return for some co-marketing on the packaging ("To get
> more true type fonts, visit http://...")?

Most excellent idea!. I wonder where Corel is getting these fonts? Are
they GPL? If they are Corel's, a nice gesture would be to 'donate'
them to the cause.

--
Hal B
            Linux helps those who help themselves