From: FirstCut [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 10:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mouse probe problem in upgrade 6.0->6.1

Hello everyone
I am trying to upgrade Re Hat 6.0 to 6.1, my problem is this:
The install program gets stuck when it probes for mouse type,
and won't go any further.

I had this problem before when attempting a clean install of 6.0,
it wouldn't do it. A clean install of 5.2 found the mouse in seconds
flat, and subsequent upgrade to 6.0 went through with no problems.

I attempted (this time) to do an upgrade in expert mode, but the installer
still probed for the mouse and got stuck.

Does anyone know how I can upgrade my system and get pass this
mouse problem? Thanks in advance to all who can help.

My mouse is a Genius Netmouse (serial).

And two other question while I'm here:
What firewall would you recommend for a standalone desktop, dialling to
the ISP when neccessary?

I have a Panasonic KX-P2135 dot matrix printer, and there doen't appear
to be a Linux driver available for it, any ideas on how I can get it to
work?

I'm pretty green when it comes to Linux, (as, perhaps, you can tell), but
I am slowly beginning to ripen!

Best Wishes to everyone,
FirstCut