On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 11:25:36AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Linuxconf does not run fine as a console app. It seems to be very
> dependent on having support for ncurses and agreement with the telnet
> app you are using. It is reasonable only to say that linuxconf runs

Hm - but that's true for most decent console apps, e.g. lynx, mutt, etc.
Once they are running, linuxconf should as well - or am I overlooking
something?

[...]
> much prefer if linuxconf would work with a command line mode and
> logged all the files it changed so I could fix them manually. It seems
[...]

Now *that* is the single most reason why I don't use linuxconf - it
changes stuff without telling me what it did - reminds me too much of
*dows... Having linuxconf tell you which files it changed and how (and
maybe even "why"...) would be great.

My EUR0.02,

Thomas