This guy could use some help. anyone out there with some advice?

Cheers. Steve.

--- Forwarded mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:03:25 -0500 (EST)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Linux] gnome login banner

Dear LLUG,
     I'm installing Redhat 6.1, Gnome workstation, for 4 computers.  Does
anyone know where the default banner message is located?  I want to change
the "welcome to x20b" that comes up on the Gnome login window.  Thanks.
     Also, for anyone using gnome desktop out there....how does one deposit
Applet-nn.desktop files into some repository for a default desktop that
would be installed into users' home directories?  I've tried copying
the contents of .gnome over to a new user's directory, but the
desktop applets don't appear on the gnome panel even when I edit the
Applet_Config to get the paths right.
                    Thanks,
                    Jean

---End of forwarded mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]