Hi,
Tired of adding/deleting users manually..I am writing my own perl scripts to
automate the tasks for me...this I do by directly writing to the passwd and
shadow files...(because I do not want to use Expect in the perl code)..It
works great and has eased my admin tasks  to an extent..

But one thing that bothers me is file locking...I use flock(of perl) to do
the locking etc..very basic...though it works now, I am woried that I am not
doing it the right way..can anybody explain the caveats of this approach..??
and what precautions I need to take..

I would have posted this to the perl group but thought it is more
appropriate here..Pls forgive if this is considered OT here..

Thx,
Arni