On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Nelson Little wrote:

> 1.6 GB in space for redhat, but I am unsure on how I should partition it

It's going to be difficult to partition this system, because 6.1 takes up
around 1.1 GB for a full install. You might pare it down to around 900 if
you know what to avoid installing, but it doesn't leave much room for
useful partitions.

If you just want to experiment, and then reinstall some other time with a
better scheme, just allocate 10-15 MB for /boot, and leave the rest to
/. Otherwise, you may end up with tiny slivers for everything else.

Partitioning is more secure, but it can waste a lot of space if you don't
know to within a few MB how much space a given partition will use. For
newbies, it isn't really worthwhile on such a small drive. RHL isn't
designed for cramped quarters. :)

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Network Systems Engineer