Every domain that you will accept mail for relaying must be in the access
file

IPS1.domain.com RELAY
ISP2.domain.com RELAY
your.domain.com RELAY
localhost               RELAY

etc

the only time this may not work is if one of the other mail servers reject
the mail, which may or may not be the case.......as you would probably
know, others mail servers are out of your hands....

On 30/11/99 at 22:17 scott.list wrote:

>I've upgraded to RH6.1 and it's newer sendmail.  FOr the last couple of
>years I ran Steve Colliers (sp?) anti spam M4 hack, which I knew how to
>configure well.
>
>Now I've got the /etc/mail/access file to deal with.  Here's the
situation:

>I'm dialing into ISP #1 (remote)
>I run Windows mail, point it to ISP #2 (mine) as my mail server.
>I send a message to a peer at ISP #3 (aol).
>
>I get: (windows won;t let me cut/paste it but in essence:) account
shorton,
>Relaying Denied.
>
>I've added everything I could think of to the access file, ran make in the
>same dir to rebuild the db, no luck.
>
>Anyone know what I'm missing.  Help?
>
>Thanks
>Scott

Regards

Greg W
IT Consultant Sydney Australia

--

*** Please trim any replies ***
*** Please turn off HTML in your email ***