> From: "Frank Rocco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Does it have to be an external modem?
>
> Regards,
> Frank Rocco

It doesn't have to be, but some internal modems (and most of the ones
in the stores these days) will not work with Linux.  Buying an
external modem is a safer bet - I think they are selling external USB
port modems now so you probably don't one of those just yet as USB
support is still experimental in the 2.3.x kernels.

So get an external serial port modem if you can.

Some internal ISA slot modems will work with Linux but may be a hassle
to get working.

Dave