On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Frank Rocco wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I might have asked this before, but having trouble deciding between Red Hat,
> Caldera and Corel.
>
> Corel and Red Hat are about the same price. Caldera is about have the price.
>
> Since Corel is the newer release, is it a better choice or will the next
> release of Red Hat be better?
>
> I like the GUI login when Caldera boots, can Red Hat also boot toa GUI
> login?
>
> New to Linux and confused.

You already cancelled Corel, so skip that. Caldera is very nice to
install, but hard to tweak, once installed. Caldera has a multi-threaded
install, which means it does more than one thing at once. That is, you can
play Tetris while it does its work. This looks nice and seems slick, and
is pretty good for Windows users. But again, the admin tools back of the
distribution are not all that good.

Red Hat is a pretty simple install (no Tetris while you install), and has
good tools for tweaking once you are installed.

Paul M. Foster