Hello all ..

I am trying to setup my office LAN to be able to view QT4 streaming
content on Mac and Windows desktops.

I am using Red Hat Linux 5.1 for x86 and have downloaded and installed
the Apple RTSP/RTP Proxy Tool they provide. Compiled and configured it
and QuickTime Player, but I am getting a "-3285 Disconneted" error in
QuickTime Player.

An Apple web page states that I need to:
  Open port 554 for RTSP/TCP data.
  Open ports 6970 through 6999 (inclusive) for RTP/UDP data.

Now when they say open, does that mean I just add it to the
/etc/services? or do I need to do something with ipfwadm (which is
version 2.3.0 btw kernel 2.0.34)

Has anyone else tried the Apple proxy tool and got it working?

Or if there's another/better way to let me do QuickTime 4 streaming, I'm
open to ideas.

Thanks for any help or insights!

-Bob Burton
IT Consultant
Literati Information Technology, LLC

     "A Death Star means never having to say you're sorry.."
             - picture caption from Computer Games Magazine article