It depends on the the card. It may claim to be an adaptec card, and
may use adaptec chips, but often times, vendors customize these cards, or
more accurately, strip them down. I've read code comments from at least
one kernel maintainer making fun of scsi cards that come bundled free with
other hardware.

The card is probably isa, and in general, you will need to configure the
card so that you know its irq/io port. Some cards are jumpered, most are
pnp. So that involves using isapnp utils to set up the card if pnp is the
case.

Once you do that, you need to conofigure the kernel driver to load with
the appropriate settings. I don't know exactly what adaptec card the 1502
most closely resembles, but it is probably one of the following modules
with the following options syntax:

aha152x=io_base,IRQ,scsi_id,reconnect,parity
aha1542=io_base,buson,busoff,dmaspeed

I'd start with the 152x type card, but fwiw, the 1502 isn't even mentioned
on the hcl, so you might just be wasting your time.

Hth,

--Matt

--
  Matt Galgoci
  Job title: export title=`dd if=/dev/random bs=24 count=1`