I wrote, earlier today:

"Yes, I know it's O.T. But it's a tremendous bargain!
I just got the Micro Center flier.  On page 2 there is
the complete Word Perfect 8 for Linux boxed set, with
1/2 inch thick manual, for a net cost of $4.99!  (No,
I don't work for them or Corel.) (I have cross posted
this to the Redhat List.  I don't know if there's much
duplication, so I'm sorry if you see it twice.)
--doug"

I must apologize:  the book that comes with WordPerfect is not 1/2 inch,
it is 1 and a 1/2 inches thick.  You don't get a book like this with the
MS Windows version, let me tell you!  They are _giving_ this away, along with
a $10 bill!  (You don't get the $10 bill, but that's gotta be what it's
costing
them.)  Buy this!  Even if you wind up with the WP 2000 version, you will
probably never get a manual this size again!  And how much will change?  Not
much, my guess.  Unless you never expect to use WordPerfect--a processor I
really like, at least in its Windows version--then you should go and get this
as soon as you can.  (I bought the same thing for the $49.99 price about 4
months ago.)

OK, how is it?  The on-screen display needs a lot of help.  There are sites
that tell you how to do it.  One of the better ones is
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~smithrod/wpfonts-recs.html
the last after the - varies with the part of the how-to. I give you one
from a page I printed.

Otherwise, it's WordPerfect.  It does a lot of things that
MSWord does badly or not at all, or they copied.  Let's see you display the
control characters in MS Word, f'rinstance!

--doug
..