Hi

try man logrotate
anyway:
> /var/log/maillog {
>     rotate 1
it means that logrotate will keep 1 backlog file for maillog

>     size=50k
the logfile will be rotated when its bigger than 50k

>     daily
if its not bigger than 50k, your log will be rotated every once day (in RH
at 4o'clock if your machine is running at that time)

>     postrotate
>         /usr/bin/killall -HUP syslogd
>     endscript
it restart the syslog daemon after the log is rotated, so a new file will be
created

> }
>
> Now I've got /var/mail/maillog and /var/mail/maillog.1
> How do I make logrotate rm maillog.1 ? do I have to include it in
> the postrotate section?

you dont need this, just use rotate 0