Hello all-

I have read two options for port forwarding.  One is a kernel 'patch' last
updated in what appears 1997; the other is using redir

redir page:
http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/03/14/921462694.html

patch page:
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO-6.html#Forwarders

obviously patching the kernel is something I'm hesitant to do.  But I, at
first, simply used the linux box to allow me to run multiple computers
(laptop, workstation, game station...) on the back end and all share the
one ethernet jack out.

Security is a concern, but so is not allowing freeloaders to spam anyone
from my system.

Soo- suggestions on which to implement?

Thanks,

Jason Hirsch

Make it myself? But I'm a physical organic chemist!

Visit the Dorm Room                  Life may never
http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~hirsch  Give us another
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Chance to do right.