From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 6:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Saving XF86Setup Video Changes

I've recently installed Redhat 6.1 and am how trying to get it configured.
Although the installation program recognized my monitor (NEC P750) and
listed my video card (Matrox Millennium), the display isn't synched to my
monitor correctly.  All available resolutions result in a display that
needs to be adjusted in height, width, position.  (I'm using Gnome.)

I ran XF86Setup to adjust the video, but I can't figure out how to get
XF86Setup to save the new settings.  There is a button labeled something
like "Save Configuration and Exit" but clicking it has no effect.  (It
seems to be disabled.)  I finally exited using a button called "quit" (I
think) but then the new settings are gone when I reboot.

Could someone tell me how to get XF86Setup (or it may actually be wvidtune
that is running from XF86Setup) to save video setting changes?  Is there a
document somewhere that describes this procedure?

Dennis Webb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MR/2 Internet Cruiser Edition running on OS/2 Warp