Download the Linux Glide drivers from the 3DFX site. This has nothing to do
with Redhat.
The drivers are distributed by 3dfx... The X drivers are a different beast
altogether...

Also make sure you have the Mesa-3DFX extensions loaded, grab these from the
Mesa site...

> 2) The sound card, when detected with sndconfig displays the error message
> Yamaha YMF-724F [DS-1 Audio Controller] sound card "NOT SUPPORTED".  It'd
> be a shame if this card can't be used.  Are drivers for this card under
> development?

See Kernel.org, but I'll bet not...

> 3) I can't get a response out of the 3COM US-Robotics 56K V.90 internal
> modem with voice.  It *might* be a Winmodem but I asked my coworker to
> choose it as it did *not* say "Winmodem" on the vendor's pull-down list,
> and was quite a bit more expensive than the Winmodem they would have
> provided by default.  The serial port is on COM1, so I'm assuming the
> modem would be on COM2 (I've tried them both).  Somebody tell me that it's
> supported!  :-(

You are probably using the modem in PNP mode. Either disable the modem's use
of PNP configuration thru the jumpers, or use /etc/isapnp.conf to make sure
Linux enables the modem's com port at startup, prior to probing the serial
devices...

> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  It would be a real shame if she
> has to ship some of these cards back for replacements.

-JMS