On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 02:38:53PM -0600, Jeff Smelser wrote:
> Today, as for the last few days, I have been trying to track this down.
> Please help.
>
> Dec 16 13:27:38 c465357-a portsentry[8432]: attackalert: Connect from
> host: 12.30.163.51/12.30.163.51 to UDP port: 137

Port 137? That doesn't have to be an attack. It might well be one of
these tremedously annoying IIS servers. I had several of these cases -
web sites which - upon connecting - would start spewing out connections
to port 137 (netbios, AFAIK). In fact, there were so many of them that I
had to remove port 137 from my PortSentry list, as it was preventing me
from accessing certain web pages. If I'm right, you might want to send
them a polite mail telling them about the problem and send a hate mail
to Redmond...

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919