Kudzu detected this card fine, and I get sounds(midi, mpg3) out, but cannot cat
/dev/sndstat (no such device) and so several utilities like soundstudio do not
work.  Also noted that several sound modules do not get loaded, such as:

Dec  5 23:50:52 vasili modprobe: can't locate module sound-service-0-8
Dec  6 00:07:28 vasili modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-0
Dec  6 00:07:28 vasili modprobe: can't locate module sound-service-0-6
Dec  6 14:18:34 vasili modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-0
Dec  6 14:18:34 vasili modprobe: can't locate module sound-service-0-6

modules.conf has ES1370 aliased to sound.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Also any votes on which drivers work best for this card?  Stock kernel, Alsa,
or OSS purchased ones?  When I was using kernel 2.03x I used the OSS $20.00
drivers, but did not know if it was worth upgrading to the OSS purchased
drivers for 2.2 kernel series and recompiling kernel.  I assume I would need to
recompile kernel and drop sound support to use the purchased OSS drivers.

--
Tom Porter                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]