Hi,
  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
I have a ppp telephone link between two redhat linux 6.1 machines
(kernel 2.2.12-20). The modem at either end gets a SIGHUP signal
randomly and then the modems hang up. The duration of the call is 1.2,
1.6,  3.6  etc (minutes). There is nothing wrong with the modems or
initialisation strings as I can run windows on both of them (same
initialisation strings) and the modems NEVER hang up. Of course I do not
want to use windows!
Thanking you in advance.

--
Robert Key
Department of Electrical Engineering, Peninsula Technikon