I have set up software RAID Level 0 and have run into a problem.  The
RAID Array Loads after the init scripts and I need it to load before
them.  I have put the Array mounting commands into /etc/rc.d/rc.local
as per the instructions in the RAID How To's.  How can I get this to
load the RAID before anything else?

The following is the /etc/raidtab and /etc/rc.d/rc.local files:

echo    more /etc/raidtab
raiddev  /dev/md0
raid-level 0
nr-raid-disks 2
nr-spare-disks 0
chunk-size 4
persistent-superblock 1
device /dev/hda2
raid-disk 0
device /dev/hdc2
raid-disk 1

[root@webpageweaver kevin]# more /etc/rc.d/rc.local
#!/bin/sh

# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ]; then
      R=$(cat /etc/redhat-release)

      arch=$(uname -m)
      a="a"
      case "_$arch" in
            _a*) a="an";;
            _i*) a="an";;
      esac

      # This will overwrite /etc/issue at every boot.  So, make any changes you
      # want to make to /etc/issue here or you will lose them when you reboot.
      echo "" > /etc/issue
      echo "$R" >> /etc/issue
      echo "Kernel $(uname -r) on $a $(uname -m)" >> /etc/issue

--More--(63%)
      cp -f /etc/issue /etc/issue.net
      echo >> /etc/issue
fi

# This is intended to mount the /RAID1
/sbin/raidstart /dev/md0
mount /dev/md0 /RAID1

#This starts a generic IP Masquerading
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0

# This sets up the JustLinux DNS Service
/usr/local/jlclient-1.1/jlclient.pl

[root@webpageweaver kevin]#

InterNetWorkingSolutions
Your home for Business and Personal Computing Solutions
http://webpageweaver.com

PO Box 152
Cabot, VT 05647 USA
TEL: 888.726.9030