I got to it via a link on the povray main site http://www.povray.org.
The actual link to the page and the app is:
http://rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraftts/

I had begun to wonder if there had not been a big
change between Mesa 3.0 and 3.1.  I finally downloaded
the Mesa-3.1 tarball, thinking there was a problem
with the src.rpm, and compiled and installed the
tarball.  Still no libMesa so I assumed that this was
the way the new Mesa is.  Pity - it breaks all non-
static apps that are based on previous Mesa versions
that use libMesa.  It would be nice if it included
a compatibility lib set since you cannot nicely
install both Mesa 3.0 and 3.1.

I have since run into another Mesa problem - compiling
the source for the demo apps.  I have a Voodoo2 card
installed as well as the Glide_V2-2.53 rpm and the
3dfx device driver.  I can run the test3dfx app as
su and user.  When compiling Mesa, however, it doesn't
find glide headers.  Trying to run the 3Dfx demo apps
after compile works but doesn't use the Voodoo2 card,
using software instead (sloooooow).

So, the problem is with glide headers, or so it seems.
Installing the glide rpms doesn't add headers.  I
downloaded a source file for glide but it wont compile
because of some Mesa-related problem.

I would like to know, then, can ANYONE compile Mesa-3.1
AND get it to cooperate with their Voodoo(2) card?
Can anyone get the glide libs to play nice with the latest
Mesa?

patrick