>I heard about computers being broken-in almost every day and really worry
>about it.  Is there anyway I can tell my linux box to send an email whenever
>there is a successful logins via telnet, ftp, etc?  I know that the tcp
>wrapper logs this kind of information to the system log,  If I modify it to
>send messages to my mail box, I may detect some of the breakins.  I dont
>have to worry about messages filling up my mail box because there are only
>two interactive users on my systems.  Is this plausible?
>Thanks.

>as the Subject.

You may also want to look into Swatch (I believe that's the right name).
It will look at your logs files and email you amoung other things if it
finds something. I have't used it, just trying to remeber the description
I read. Probably check freshmeat.net

Hope that helps.

-Bob Burton

Robert Burton                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]