Rick Shank wrote:

> How can I send a mail from the command line, if I have a txt file w/ the
> message, and a known list of attachments?   I want this to run in a script
> with no user intervention.

Run each attachment through uuencode and append the output to the text file.
Then mail the whole thing. That's quick & dirty but it should work. It
depends on the intelligence of the receiving mail client to separate the
uuencoded text into proper attachments.

For a more robust solution you'll need to use mmencode for MIME base64
encoding and have the script construct the MIME headers in the message. The
attached script wilkl work for a single attachment. You should be able to
alter it to accept multiple attachments.

Tony
--
 Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Homepage & PGP Key <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>