Deni:

I have a sample of my first entry on my name virtual host. I am allotted one
IP for all my virtuals but whatever the client wants. If the client wants an
IP address I would charge more but here is an example of  an entry:
-----------------snip from httpd.conf---------------

NameVirtualHost 12.15.105.15

<VirtualHost www.supersoftball.com>
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DocumentRoot /www/docs/www.supersoftball.com
ServerName www.supersoftball.com
ErrorLog logs/www.supersoftball.com-error_log
TransferLog Logs/www.supersoftball.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>
_________________________________

The domain needs to be registered with the internic of course and things to
check after you have restarted your httpd server are:

1) The access logs and error logs that you detailed above. If your not
getting these logs check the /var/log/httpd/access_log and error_log.

2) After you restart the server can you ping the domain?

3) Does an nslookup resolve the domain to the IP address you have assigned
it?

4) Are your zone files correctly setup in your named server? I use another
server as my named server and my zone file will point towards the httpd
server 12.15.105.15.

If your give me some details on you log outputs I may be able to point you
towards what could be wrong. Virtuals have gotten much easier apache package
that comes with R.H. 6.0 and 6.1. One thing I did notice though was that you
must have that "NameVirtualHost" entry or this version of apache would not
work for me. The older apache versions that came with R.H. 4.2 did not need
that entry. Well as I said e-mail me some log outputs if your still having
problems and maybe I can steer you in the right direction.

Good Luck,

Eddie Strohmier
Bonwell Globalnet
www.bonwell.com