I run a small mail server for some schools that cannot afford their own and
from time to time I get a list of new users who need accounts.  I would like
to automate this as much as possible on my box running RH 6.1.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a script that would take a text file with
something like:
    name1 pass1
    name2 pass2
    ...     ...
as a format and then just go through the list and run adduser against is with
the proper tags?  I am not much of a shell script hacker, and I have tried
modifying a PERL script that I have just to crypt a list of
username/passwords, but I am failing there as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.  I volunteer my time and when I get 50+
names at a time it is a big time commitment, as I get the account request in
the form of a spreadsheet it would be nice if I could put it to use.  Thanks
in advance.

Cheers,

Jack.