On 29/12/99 at 10:40 Brian Ivey wrote:

>Dear List,
>
>How do I change my desktop from Gnome to KDE?

open an xterm whilst Gome is running, and type      switchdesk

I like Gnome, but would like
>to experiment with KDE.

You can use most things from KDE whilst in Gnome.....

>Is there any compelling reason not to do this?

nope, its personal choice.......I like KDE's desktop, but some of Gnomes
functionality, so I run Gnome desktop and use quite a few KDE apps from
there.........

Regards

Greg Wright
IT Consultant Sydney Australia

--

*** Please trim any replies ***
*** Please turn off HTML in your email ***