E-Mail: Larry Mintz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 30-99
  Time: 20:13:42
  My xemacs newsreader has gone haywire. It does not read the newsgroups.
   All I get is the "Group" window ie it loads gnus and gnus-start and then
   hangs.

   What gives ?
   I need help howto set it up .
   Here is my .emacs file:
   -------------------------------------
   (custom-set-variables
    '(message-send-mail-function (quote smtpmail-send-it))
    '(gnus-select-method '( nntp  "news.citenet.net") )
    '(diary-file "/home/kabir/.diary")
    '(gnus-check-new-newsgroups\, nil)
     '(user-mail-address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" t)
    '(query-user-mail-address nil))

    (custom-set-faces)
    (setq  gnus-nntp-server  nil)
    (setq number-of-diary-entries 5)
    (setq minibuffer-max-depth nil)
    (setq lpr-command "lpr"
      lpr-switches (list "-PEpson")
   )
  --------------------------------------
Other info I can give is that my ISP is revamping its newserver. I find that
FreeAgent gives me winsock error:10050 can't connect to server.
I called up Citenet, that most likely could be the problem.I'm hoping
it is , but just in case it isn't, I am asking for help from the redhat list.

Larry

BTW- please don't delete this email. I consider kind of rude that someone would
          do it to people who need help.
> --
> as the Subject.

E-Mail: Larry Mintz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>