On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Wellington Terumi Uemura wrote:

> Can some one point me to some docs or HOWTO talking about "How to install
> linux with DUAL CPUs"
> Linux can run on mother board with chipset i820???

Here's a mini-howto:

1) install Linux (and distro), make sure you install kernel-source
2) configure the kernel (set "SMP support"), and compile it (see
   kernel-howto)
3) run lilo, and then reboot
4) enjoy... :-)

Hossein

P.S: Some distros (e.g. RedHat 6.1) detect SMB during installtion and
install an approperiate kernel, so steps 2 and 3 are not needed then.