The CD problem of my previous message is fixed.  Now to move on to other
upgrades for this old 486 handed down to me (the first upgrade will be win95 to
Linux).

There are really two main upgrades about which I have questions:

 1) Is there such a thing as a 10/100 NIC card for this ISA-bus system, and will
    it/they work with Linux?  I saw a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 ISA on one web
    site, but even though the name and picture showed ISA, the description
    said PCI.  On the other hand, Linksys's own web site just said PCI.

 2) Processor upgrades - I cannot afford to turn this old machine into a new
    system with a replacement motherboard and processor.  I can, however, afford
    one of the processor replacement upgrades (e.g. from 486DX2-66 to P133MMX).
    Do such upgrades really work (understanding they won't bring things
    completely up to date)?  More importantly, will they work with Linux?

Thanks!

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag