From: Steve Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2000 4:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: recipient.list.not.shown; @nswcphdn.navy.mil
Subject: RH5.2 won't boot now

Howdy:

I guess I should have been more zealous about it, but it looks like my
oldest motherboard (running RH5.2 in my ip-masq gateway) is not y2k
compliant.  I can boot it up in single-user mode (runlevel 1) or from a
DOS floppy, but it won't boot in runlevel 3.  It gets all the way up to
the "starting runlevel 3" part and then dies.

The board is a FuguTech i430FX chipset board, Award BIOS 4.50g, Pentium
100, UMC I/O chip.  I tried three different versions of the Award flash
util (5.0, 5.33, 6.25) but it doesn't recognize the flash chip and
dies.  I found the MrBIOS flash util 29C010.EXE, but it's not the right
one.  Anybody know where I can get the other one? (28F010.EXE).  Anybody
know which one is for what chips?  I'm pretty damn sure it's a flashable
BIOS, so I'm lost.

Anybody have any other tips for me please?

Thanks in advance, Steve