Is that scsi or ide? (don't know if this is relevant - unfortunately I so
not have scsi) If ide, can your bios autodetect hard disk drives? Shoudld
be unless your motherboard is really old. Anyway, I would go into bios,
run the autodetect facility and re-boot. Also you may want to try
switching on/off a few times. I have a machine which would die if I leave
it off for a few days and I have to do that to encourage the hard disk to
spin up.

--
Cheers
Richard KHOO Guan Chen