There are tools like Xconfigurator which could help you producing the file

/etc/X11/XF86Config

However, I like doing things manually : at the end X will use this file in any case.

So, edit it under root and find this kind of section in the file :

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Device      "ATI|3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       16
        Modes       "1024x768"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

Depending on the server you are running (svga, S3 ....), you will look for a section
containng  either

Driver "svga"

or

Driver "accel"

Now, look at the line "Modes" in it and write "1024x768" in it.
You can also adjust the screen depth (Depth line above) as I think you let RH 6.0
install
itself and it might be in 8 bit mode (you probably want at least 16).

Restart X.

Philippe