I went through this problem a while ago. Turns out that the DAT drives are
helical. This means that the *effective* length of the tape is calculated
based on the density of a helical stripe on the tape multiplied by the
number of stripes that fit on the tape.

[What the hell is he talking about?]

The practical solution is to run your dump with a tape length set to
something like 67000 meters. Maybe less for a 90 m tape, but that's the
sort of number I use for a 120. Sorry I don't have the exact number on me,
as my 'puter is at home.

--
----------Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana.----------------
--------Stranger things have happened but none stranger than this.-------------