At 08:47 AM 1/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm in the market for an external CD player that has recording
>capabilty. Would someone recommend a make and model?

The nicest halfway reasonably priced drive I've used is the Plextor
PlexWriter 8/4/32 model no. PX-W8432Ti.
It is actually an internal drive, but it can be mounted in an external SCSI
enclosure fairly cheaply. Yamaha and Ricoh both also make respectable 8x
burners (although Yamaha has a tendancy to provide very poor quality SCSI
enclosures for their external drives), I use an internal Yamaha CRW8424SZ
at home (it was cheaper than the Plextor).
--

To be considered half as good as Microsoft,
           Linux has to work twice as fast.